Mold in Rental Property
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County presents: Mold in Rental Property
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County: Mold:
- grows from mold spores
- spores are too small to see unaided
- spores can survive harsh environments for many years
- can grow almost anywhere
- needs to have only
- above-freezing temperatures
- protein, such as in animal dander, skin cells, wood, plaster, carpet
- moisture (high humidity is enough)
- grows rapidly
- damages property
- has a bad smell
- is unsightly
If have a small amount of mold on a dish, you can clean it. You can even throw away the dish.
If you have a large amount of mold, you need licensed mold remediation. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” as 10 square feet or more.
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County is licensed in mold remediation.
Talk to your landlord if you think he/she should hire licensed professionals. If the landlord disagrees:
- Contact the Jackson/Crockett County housing authority
- Review your lease about your rights and responsibilities